Entry: "Laughter the best medicine..."
The Washington Post's Mensa Invitational once again asked readers to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new definition. Here are this year's winners:
1. Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
2. Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
3. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stop bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
4. Cashtration (v.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period.
5. Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.
6. Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
7. Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
8. Hipatitis: Terminal coolness.
9. Osteopornosis: A degenerate disease. (This one got extra credit.)
10. Karmageddon: It's like, when everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it's like, a serious bummer.
11. Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.
12. Glibido: All talk and no action.
13. Dopeler effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
14. Arachnoleptic fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after you've accidentally walked through a spider web.
15. Beelzebug (n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
16. Caterpallor (n.): The color you turn after finding half a worm in the fruit you're eating.
17. Ignoranus: A person who's both stupid and an @$$ hole!
12 brothers and sisters helped me to understand.
on Wednesday, March 30th, 2005 @ 11:53 PM EST
those were hilarious!
Bleeping: blogging, despite extreme fatigue, and on the precipice of sleep.
me, right now! lol.
on Wednesday, March 30th, 2005 @ 03:19 PM EST
Hey Greg so sorry to hear that you were sick glad to hear that your well now I like #14 I have actually done that! Your website is SWEET
on Monday, March 28th, 2005 @ 10:51 AM EST
HEY GREGGY!!! I HAVE NO IDEA AS TO WHAT HAPPENED TO MY PREVIOUS POST. BUT ANYWAY,....I AM DEFINITELY GONNA USE HIPITITIS. THANKS.
on Sunday, March 27th, 2005 @ 12:06 PM EST
Bozone is my new catch phrase. I seem to fit a lot of my work situations!
on Sunday, March 27th, 2005 @ 01:46 AM EST
LOL, those are pretty clever & funny!
on Thursday, March 24th, 2005 @ 05:35 PM EST
Hahaha! Man G, these are pretty clever! Imagine what switching one single letter in a word can do to alter that same word and give it a new definition altogether! This was pretty tight man. Thanks for sharing! It should be made into a Meme of some sort...
BrotherMan...Yeah I love the way they did that. Knowing the internet, I'm confident it has been made into probably several versions of some sort of Meme by now, no doubt. Have a good weekend buddy...G
on Thursday, March 24th, 2005 @ 02:27 PM EST
oh these are good i have some on my site that are more california from lalatimes.. I love these sorta things..
Thanks Chele...I'll go over to your spont and peep them shortly, k? I love them too. How is life over there in Cali? Send sunshine and warm weather please?...greggy
on Wednesday, March 23rd, 2005 @ 04:24 PM EST
OK, for whatever reason, number 5 made me laugh really hard. Prolly cause I'm silly as ****.
Well welcome to the silly club girl! I think a lot of the folk I seem to gravitate to have silly tendencies as part of their aura, which to me is a good thing. Silly folk instinctively can see the humour in everyday situations without going through life with a wedgie all jammed up the butt all their lives...LOL. In life I've found 2 different types of folk to deal with: those who walk around all day stiff-lipped, all stressed up, no humor at all in their lives and those who can crack a joke, take a joke, laugh at silly stuff and generally know how to have a good time...I wear my silly badge with pride! Get your grin on...greggy
on Wednesday, March 23rd, 2005 @ 01:36 AM EST
Greggy I just read the previous post. I Didn't know my good friend was illin'! I thought u was just chillin'! Get better REAL soon. Don't let the mean nasty flu bug keep you down. Chicken soup should do it. Spinach is for Popeye! Lol...
It's OK my friend..greggy don't shout and make a lot of noise when he illin :o) For some reason, chicken soup don't cut it with me. The only way I roll when I'm sick is with tomato soup and plenny of Ritz crackers nearby or at least some Saltines up the jammies, k? :o) I do love eating fresh uncooked spinach leaves though, and can attest that it's a myth that they make you like Popeye! LOL...take care my friend...greggy
on Tuesday, March 22nd, 2005 @ 09:02 PM EST
Wow! Your back. Yay! Ok, this list really had me chuckling. It is funny. I can't get enough of intaxacation and girafitti...lol.
Hey Oh Giggly One! I'm making my way back cautiously, but I'm a lot better, thanks! Intaxication seems to be the favorite of most so far. I figure you would like giraffiti, somehow I felt you would (smiles)...take care...greggy
on Tuesday, March 22nd, 2005 @ 01:31 PM EST
*Scribbling new words. Looking around to make sure no one noticed*
Hey, G, glad to see your "bug" has taken leave. And don't be coming over to my blog spreading your germs. Yeah, I noticed that you sneezed. LOL
Hi Yolie..this 'bug" was no joke that's for sure. In fact, that's the longest I have ever been sick so far, but happy to say I'm feeling much better thank you. And I promise to not sneeze over your place anymore, k? I may leave a particle or two though, k? :o) greggy
on Tuesday, March 22nd, 2005 @ 11:45 AM EST
I like intaxication...lol. That's so right on.
Thanks Cheryl! Yeah intaxication is something I think a whole lot of people suffer from every year, some never let the effects wear off either. Take care...greggy